Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year

I had taken a hiatus to study for an examination. Now I am back but, without even attending the examination. For various reasons, I decided not to take the examination at all this time. Now I am back with blogging, among other things.
Now I have to prepare for the exams again, either during March/April 2009 or November/December 2009. Inshallah!
Many of my friends will ask me where that last word came from. (This is almost like the time when E M S Namboodiripad said “God only knows” in the Kerala assembly. Some people took him to task. How could he say that, after calling himself an atheist? EMS replied, “When I say god only knows, I mean no one knows”.) It is only an expression of uncertainty and nothing more. As someone said, "It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future" – variously attributed to Churchill and Mark Twain among others.
Let me end with some forwarded e-mail humour.
God had enough and decided to end the world. He decided to announce this to the world through some really powerful people. He chose George W Bush, Hu Jintao and Bill Gates and told them. They in turn told the others.
Bush: I have good news and bad. Good news is that there is a God, as I always said. The bad news is that he is going to end the world.
Hu: I have bad news and worse. We were wrong. There is a God and he is going to end the world.
Gates: I have good news and better news. Good news is that there is a God. But then, we don’t have to release updates of Windows Vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment