Monday, February 04, 2008

Measles?


I saw hoardings all over Bangalore proclaiming as above. It says Amma in Bangalore.

When I saw it the first time, I could see just the top part of the hoarding. My immediate reaction was one of consternation. Was there an epidemic of smallpox in Bangalore? Or was it chickenpox or measles? There is already gastroeneritis - cholera. Now this?

Then the bottom part of the hoarding became visible. It was announcing the presence a religious/spiritual person, popularly known as Amma.

Even though amma means mother and I call my mother amma, seen as a banner headline, it could mean what I first thought!

Uffff...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:37 pm

    Initially (some times back), they used to put a single line " Amma in Town". Even, i got confused. Then , after few months, they started putting it along with description & of course, the "Photo".....

    ReplyDelete